Infections pay no respect to borders
Hong Kong International Dental Expo and Symposium - HKIDEAS 2021
Hong Kong S.A.R., Hong Kong SAR China, Asia Pacific
Dr Wendy Thompson
- Clinical academic general dentist.
- Research at University of Manchester (UK) is about antibiotic resistance (ABR) and urgent dental care.
- Lead author of FDI World Dental Federation's white paper on reducing ABR.
- At International Association for Dental Research, launched early career researcher network on ABR.
- At World Dental Congress, four sessions about both the impact of COVID-19 and ABR.
Hong Kong Dental Association
- To assist global efforts to tackle antimicrobial resistance through local action
- To introduce the three principles of tackling antimicrobial resistance by:
- Highlighting how dental teams can raise awareness about untreatable infections
- Demonstrating the importance of preventing and controlling infections
- Exploring why dental teams overprescribe antibiotics and the impact of COVID-19