Implant and abutment selection criteria for long-term success
- Graduated and received Dr. Med. Dent degree in Prosthodontics from University of Istanbul, School of Dentistry
- Registered speaker and Fellow in ITI and Certified educator of Straumann Lab Academy
- Chief Editor of the Turkish version of Das Dental Labor and PTC Dental technicians book series
- Member of TDA International affairs,
- Worked as Visiting Prof. in Università degli Studi Guglielmo Marconi
- Working in his own private practice with a specific focus on implantology with CAD-CAM technology
Types of implants and selection criteria for different indications. Types of abutments with different materials and indications. Selection criteria for stock and custom abutments. Understanding Implant Abutment Connection Interfaces.
The implant evolution has become a “restorative driven” treatment.
The selection of the implant and abutment for each individual patient is an important part of the implant treatments. Macro and microstructures of implants, biologically adapting designs, improvements of production methods, new materials, connection mechanisms of implant and abutment have great importance for long term success of implants and the restorations.
Implant abutments produced by means of CAD/CAM technology obtained infinite, fitting individual and local circumstances, which offers many advantages.
In this presentation, we will discuss the criteria for implant and abutment selection to help dentists for decision making in daily practice.
- Review the types of implant and selection criteria for different indications
- Review the types of abutment with different materials and indications
- Review the selection criteria for standard and custom abutments
- Understand the connection interfaces between implant and abutment