Endodontic glidepath: The road to NiTi preparation safety and efficiency.
United Arab Emirates, Middle East
Dr. Rashid El Abed
- Assistant Professor and consultant in the department of Endodontics at MBR University in Dubai, UAE.
- Deputy director of the Postgraduate Master's and residency programs in Endodontics.
- Author or co-author of a textbook in the field of endodontics and published in leading endodontics journals.
- Lectured at numerous international congresses.
- Co-developed the endodontic instruments (G-Files and One G).
Dental Society - Emirates Medical Association
Learning objectives :
- Describe the common causes of endodontic instrument fracture and how they impact the outcome of treatment.
- Define glidepath, explain its advantages and importance in producing optimum endodontic mechanics prior to rotary and reciprocating techniques.
- Discuses manual glide path techniques and their advantages in negotiating root canals to patency using stainless-steel hand files.
- Discuses mechanical glide path techniques, its advantages, introduce the file systems that are available in the market and their usage protocols.
- List the benefits of mechanical glide path preparation over the manual technique and offer clinical cases of both procedures for comparison.